Thursday, June 30, 2016

Summer Bag Sewing using Manchester Metallics

As mentioned in a previous post, I am participating in a summer sewing challenge sponsored by Sew Mama Sew using Manchester Metallics by Robert Kaufman fabrics. Here's a sneak peak at what I am working on.


I love collaborating with Sew Mama Sew.  The challenge is summer bag sewing and these are the fabrics that I chose:

1/2 yard of natural Essex E014-1242 NATURAL 
1/2 yard of onyx SRKM-15373-181 ONYX
 1/2 yard of indigo CCCX-14114-62 INDIGO

 
You can't tell by the picture but the Onyx is very sparkly and shiny.  It's more silvery grey than black.   I decided to use it for the applique for this project.

I am using shiny silver thread because it was in my stash.   I haven't used this thread since I made myself a silvery Halloween costume.


 Here's the finished applique.  If you've seen my work, you'll know that I love to applique on everything.


 Look, it's a bike!


But we are not done yet... time for some quilting.


 I didn't go over the applique, just stitched straight lines around it.


Were these pictures enough of a hint as to what I am making?  Stayed tuned for my next post for the big reveal...

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment: