Here's what I did this year:
- DIY - I enjoyed crafting for the sake of making beautiful things. Without the pressure of documenting and blogging, I could really be in the moment and enjoy myself.
- DIY Home - 2015 was all about painting, organizing, and purging. I am very happy with our progress - even though it seems never ending. My favourite projects this year were all related to organization: a large hall console, a locker system to help keep the kids organized, a DIY media console/wall to wall bookcase, and a newly painted room dedicated for my sewing projects.
- Somewhat Regular Exercise - This is the year that I actually committed to working out 2 days a week. For many months, it was more than 2 days. However, my goal was 2 days to keep it realistic.
- Volunteering - I applied/received a position as a voting member for my city's public art committee. It's allowed me to be with like-minded individuals who wish to see that their public spaces include art. I also volunteered at school for special events.
- Career/Education - While I was pondering my next steps, I was mindful to be true to myself. If it didn't feel right, was it because of fear or because it wasn't right for me? I took a career course, did online training in Photoshop and designed our Christmas cards.
- Family - This year we went on vacation with my extended family. There's nothing better than seeing my boys grow up with their cousins.
Note: If you're thinking this post is a little late, you're right! That's because we just "took down Christmas" and I wasn't able think about 2016 with 2015 all over my house.
All the best for a fantastic 2016!