Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DIY Knight Costume - Part 2


Last year, I made Joshie a templar knight costume.  It was a little too big last year but it fits perfectly now.  He agreed to wear it again since none of the kids at his new school have seen it yet.  I was starting to get worried that I'd be making something last minute.

We put on his costume and practiced trick-or-treating over on main street.  It was cold and so most of his costume was hidden under a bulky jacket and gloves.  Then I realized, he needs a cape/cloak!!!

So I made him a cape which took no more than 30 min and we are now set.  Maybe it'll rain again this year, or maybe it'll snow.  Either way, he'll look like he's wearing a costume.

Here's a side by side.  I used some old fabric that I had in my stash that was originally intended for me.


My model was at school so the mannequin had to stand in.


Here's how I did it.

First I folded my fabric in half.  If I made the cape shorter, then I would have cut it out (like in pic 1) and continued on.  However, my fabric wasn't long enough so I had to join some more fabric to complete the arc (pic 2)


This is what the joined fabric looked like.  


After I cut out the arcs, the rest was just finishing touches.

I did a rolled hem with my serger around the entire cape (except for the neckline).


Then I used some bias tape to bind up the neckline


Easy peasy!  Maybe I need one too...

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy some nice cosplay costumes online need fast shipping and all anime cosplay costumes in www.cosplayfield.com are fast shipping with DHL, after custom made, most of customers can receive their costumes within 5 business days. Free shipping of course!

    ReplyDelete