Friday, November 09, 2012

DIY: Remembrance Day Poppy Conversion



The other day, Joshie got a red poppy from school. Although all the kids in class got one, only two of them showed up at school wearing it pinned to their uniform. When I asked him what he learned about Remembrance Day, he said "to remember". What I asked what he was supposed to remember, he said "I don't know".   After I told him why we wear poppies in November, he said he wanted to wear his to school. 

My overactive imagination was concocting all sorts of scenarios involving the j/k class and open pins.  So, I decided to remove the long pin and sew on a safety pin.


It took me less than 5 minutes to do but will ease my mind today when he's at school.


Although Remembrance Day falls on the weekend, we will be observing a moment of silence at home (well, as silent as two boys can be...)

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant, Jenny! I'm doing this for my poppy since I'm constantly losing it. You gave me one of those "now why didn't I think of that!?" moments. :) Thanks for sharing this great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this informative. Click here for Best research about cbd oil box business in the UK for best branding".

    ReplyDelete