Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks and A Bunch of Firsts

Happy Turkey Day!  In my pre-kid life, I worked for a Global IT company.  Although I worked in Canada, many of my colleagues were American.   As such, I had the benefit of celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving in October and American Thanksgiving in November.  I guess you could say that I had the chance to say "Thanks" twice.

So today, I am thankful for having a wonderful family and husband.  Hubby and I are fortunate that I am able to take a "break" for the next 5 years to raise our kids.  It's not just that I "can", but I also "want" to be a stay at home Mom while the kids are little.  As a result, I get to witness a bunch of "firsts".   When I went back to work when Joshie was a year old, I'm pretty sure there was a lot that I had missed.  So now that I am home, I like to celebrate the "firsts".  There were a lot of firsts the past couple of weeks and I'm so glad I was able to witness them all.

The kids went to an indoor amusement park called Fantasy Fair for a birthday party and Joshie won his first amusement park prize all by himself.   It was especially fun because he won playing the rollerball game!!!  If you've been reading my blog, you'll know that hubby made one for him so he could play at home too.  He was thrilled with the prize that he chose.  Look at his stunned face in this photo - so sweet!

 
Joshie took his first class photo and received his first report card.   I'm pretty proud of the little guy :o)  He's learning to write his name.


I let Bunny help me make some Jello Jigglers and it wasn't a disaster!


I got my first serger!!  Which is also why I haven't been posting anything new...


I participated in my first blog series by sharing a tutorial over at Elegance and Elephants.

  
Bunny finally decided to pedal his tricycle instead of walking it.


Last but not least, hubby and I had our first dinner out date night in a long long time.  We went to 5 Doors North and the food was "le yum". 


So ends the week... looking forward to some more "firsts"!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, what a wonderful post. It is lovely you choose to stay home with your kids and get to experience all the amazing firsts! Your children are lucky to grow up in a loving and relaxed environment!
    Congrats on the serger :)
    best,
    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this informative. Click here for Best research about custom bath bomb packaging in the UK for best branding".

    ReplyDelete