Sunday, April 22, 2012

No Iron = No Sewing = Breaktime!

This week my iron broke right after I completed this top for Made by Rae's 2012 Spring Top Sewalong.   This is the second iron that I have "broken" and I have no idea how I did it.   I think it may have been overused??   After I got over the shock of not having an iron to use, I decided to take a break from sewing.   A five day break.  That's the longest I've been without my sewing machine!!

So what did I do?

1.  Tried to do my taxes (bang head on table...)

2.  Went to Fabricland with my mom.   I love shopping for fabric.  It's very calming for me - except when I get hyper because I find things I really like.   Fabricland was having an anniversary sale so I stocked up on basic necessities like fabric pens, thread, zippers, piping, interfacing, etc.  I also purchased some fabric for the chair that is currently sitting in my basement, waiting to be refinished.   Earlier this month, I was having problems deciding between 2 fabrics to use but in the end, I decided to go with the white. 


Here it is draped over the chair.  Messy messy room!

 3.  Enjoyed the nice weather outdoors with the kiddies


4.  Visit a flower shop to get some flowers

5.  Start AND Finish the Hunger Games Trilogy.   I can now see why people are so obsessed with the books.  I actually re-read the Hunger Games because I enjoyed it so much. 
 
And that's pretty much it!  It was a nice break... got my new iron on Saturday!  Break time is over!

0 comments:

Post a Comment